♦ Office Helper
NAMI Beaufort County has three teams of volunteers who have been trained by NAMI SC to give in-service presentations to educational professionals and parent/teacher organizations in area schools (elementary through high), focusing on the key warning signs of early-onset mental illness. Educational professionals are not asked to diagnose a child, but to be aware of symptoms of mental illness and to identify children at risk. With early recognition, accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment, young people with mental illness have a much better chance of graduating from school and living full, productive lives. Please volunteer your time to help us:
- Schedule presentations in area private and public elementary, middle and high schools
- Coordinate the four volunteers needed for each presentation
- Prepare hand-outs for teachers
1. Demonstrate a relationship between their experience or field of study and the work of NAMI – especially Psychology, Social Work, Business, and Communications.
2. Demonstrate a passion and understanding for people living with mental illness and their families.
3. Have the ability to work as part of a team with exemplary telephone and email communication skills
4. Have excellent computer skills on Microsoft Office
5. Have initiative and ability to work independently, pay close attention to details, and use creative thinking when necessary
6. Have reliable transportation
***** Please note that this is an unpaid opportunity*****
You will also receive a professional-level letter of recommendation.
To volunteer or for more information on volunteering, contact the volunteer coordinator at (843) 681-2200.