We offer programs that support individuals with mental illness and allow them to live full and productive lives. Check the Event Calendar or contact the office at 843-681-2200, 1# or email email@example.com for more information.
Connection Support Groups
- First and Third Wednesday of each month 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- Coastal Empire Community Mental Health Center (Click for Map)
- 1050 Ribaut Rd. (Group Room)
- Beaufort, SC 29902
- Every Wednesday 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Grace Coastal Church (Click for Map)
- 15 Williams Dr.
- Okatie, SC 29909
Hilton Head Island
- Every Monday 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- NAMI Lowcountry Office (Click for Map)
- 117 William Hilton Pkwy, Ste. K
- Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
- (corner of Rte. 278 and Squire Pope Road)
- First and third Thursday of each month 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- Faith Ridgeland (Click for Map)
- 1610 Gray’s Highway
- Ridgeland, SC 29936
NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a free, 10-session educational program for adults with mental illness who are looking to better understand their condition and journey toward recovery.
Taught by a trained team of people who’ve been there, the program includes presentations, discussion and interactive exercises. Everything is confidential, and NAMI never recommends a specific medical therapy or treatment approach. Click here for more.
Classes begin Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:00 am to 12:00 noon for 10 Saturdays at the NAMI office.
There is no charge for this course but registration is required! Contact the office at 843-681-2200, 1# or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Lowcountry Recovery Council
Join a community of people living with a mental illness committed to deepening our understanding of mental health so that we may improve the quality of our lives through education, advocacy and service. The Lowcountry Recovery Council is also an advisory body to the Board of Directors.
- Monthly on the fourth Thursday at 6:00 pm
- Lowcountry Presbyterian Church (Click for Map)
- 10 Simmonsville Rd.
- Bluffton, SC 29919
Contact the office at 843-681-2200, 1# or email email@example.com for more information.
The NAMI Lowcountry Recovery Council was awarded “Stigma Buster of the Year” at NAMI SC’s 2011 annual conference. At NAMI SC’s 2014 annual conference two Council members, Christine Mikouchi and Bob Rupp received individual “Stigma Buster of the Year” Awards.
NAMI Lowcountry owns five apartments in Beaufort and four in Hilton Head which we rent at reduced cost to the mentally ill who are able to live independently.
All tenants sign an annual lease and there is a waiting list for this affordable housing. Contact the office at 843-681-2200, 1# or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.